European Patent and Trade Mark Attorney
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T:+44 (0)1604 632 436
- International Patent Attorney (WIPO)
- European Patent Attorney (EPO)
- Chartered Patent Attorney (UK)
- Registered Patent Attorney (UK)
- International Trade Mark Attorney (WIPO)
- European Trade Mark Attorney (EUIPO)
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney (UK)
- International Design Attorney (WIPO)
- European Design Attorney (EUIPO)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary College, University of London
- Chartered Chemist
- MA in Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- PhD in Inorganic Chemistry, University of Cambridge
Jon joined Franks and Co in January 2009 having previously worked for T M Gregory & Co since April 2000. He has 16 years' experience in general patent and trade mark agency, covering a wide range of generalist technologies, and the full range of intellectual property including patents, designs, trade marks, copyright and licensing.
Jon read Natural Sciences at Trinity College, Cambridge, specialising in Chemistry, then gained a PhD in Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry at the University of Cambridge.
Jon worked in the R & D department of the ICI subsidiary, Tioxide Group, for seventeen years, carrying out research and development in the areas of pigment technology, process engineering, polymers, paints and coatings, paper, inks, particle size determination, colloid science and camouflage technology, as well as being responsible for new idea evaluation and contacts between R & D and in-house patent attorneys. Jon was named as inventor on numerous patents in the UK and overseas.
Jon is a representative before the UK Patent Office, UK Trade Marks Registry, UK Designs Registry, European Patent Office, European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)
In the field of patents, Jon has experience in a wide range of technologies, including medical and surgical equipment, safety and security devices, industrial process equipment, sewage treatment, disinfectants, medical treatments, kitchen equipment, laboratory equipment, construction technologies, footwear and DIY tools. Jon has conducted Opposition Hearings and Appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office
For trade marks, Jon has 16 years' experience in the filing and prosecution of UK, European, and foreign trade mark applications for a wide range of smaller and medium size companies and sole traders. Jon has conducted ex-parte and Opposition hearings before the UK Trade Marks Registry.
Jon is also active in the securing and enforcement of registered and unregistered design rights, in the UK, and abroad.
Jon was one of the first attorneys to take the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court litigation course.
Jon sits on the Trade Marks Committee of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys.
Jon is a Chartered Chemist (C Chem) and a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
Jon is a Director of Franks & Co (South) Limited.
- Member of EPI (European Patent Institute)
- Fellow of CIPA (Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys)
- Member of CITMA (Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys)