Come and meet us at one of our regular IP library clinics, where one of our experts will offer preliminary advice on any IP matter at no charge.
If you wish to book a one-to-one meeting with one of our technical experts, please contact the most appropriate office using our contact us page.
We also hold regular patent and trade mark clinics at the Sheffield and Leeds City Libraries, where you can meet one of our experts and discuss your ideas in confidence and without any obligation or cost.
Attendance at the library clinics is free and open to any start-up or established business requiring a professional and confidential assessment of their existing and potential IP rights, such as new ideas, brands or designs, together with advice about how to secure their IP for commercial exploitation.
Who should attend?
- Established or prospective business owners looking to strengthen their market position through IP protection and enforcement
- Established or prospective business owners seeking guidance about IP issues
- Start-up or established companies about to seek funding
- Private or employee inventors
- Private or employee product designers
What can you expect?
- After registering your interest with us, we will confirm the appointment time and date, and the contact details of the attorney you will meet.
- During the one hour meeting, we will assess your IP situation and potential requirements, based on the information you provide to us either during the meeting or beforehand. We will also advise a way forward, with cost estimates and timescales, if applicable to your situation and requirements.
- The clinic is conducted by our attorneys, so your discussion and any material you disclose to us at the meeting or beforehand remains strictly confidential and legally privileged.
For more information, please get in touch.