Chartered & European Patent Attorney and Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T:+44 (0)114 249 9888
- European Patent Attorney (EPO)
- Chartered Patent Attorney (UK)
- International Trade Mark Attorney (WIPO)
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney (UK)
- Professional Certificate Trade Mark Practice, Nottingham Trent University.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property, Bournemouth University.
- PhD in the role of macrophages in tumour revascularisation following treatment with vascular disrupting agents, University of Sheffield.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Hons) in Biomedical Science, University of Hull.
Abigail joined Franks & Co. in 2013, after completing 3 successful years working as a published post-doctoral researcher at the University of Sheffield and the University of California San Francisco.
Abigail read Biomedical Science at the University of Hull, giving her a broad understanding of biology, chemistry and medical subject matter. She is also highly familiar with medical devices and machinery following her time served in an NHS Clinical Chemistry laboratory. Following her degree, Abigail undertook a PhD in the immune response to tumour vascularisation, a project which centred on high resolution confocal microscopy and imaging techniques. This research provided her with an attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving and communication of ideas, skills which are vital in the patent industry.
Abigail is a professional representative before the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO).
In the field of patents, Abigail has experience in a wide range of technologies including: medical devices, mechanical engineering, electrical items, and industrial processes.
Abigail has filed and prosecuted through to grant UK and foreign trade mark applications for a wide range of clientele including large scale corporate companies and independent inventors.
She has also successfully secured registered design rights, in the UK, Europe and America.
Abigail is a director of Franks & Co Limited.
- Fellow of CIPA (Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys)
- Member of CITMA (Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys)
- Member of EPI (European Patent Institute)